Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fantasies of Ice Cream

My hand is splitting open with the cold and bleeding. I am not that into lotion. My hand looks like it's been through something traumatic.
It's hard when you are asked to explain something about yourself and then you sound confused and you don't even know if what you're trying to say is true. That has happened to me a lot this week.
I have to bake a long short story this weekend and have it pop out of the oven by Tuesday morning. And so far I haven't even got flour.
I keep meaning to do work, keep meaning to act like I care about anything academic. And then I fall into something else. Just slip deviously, albeit self aware, into a saggy little heap of idleness.

I just watched a movie that I actually really liked. I'm kind of glad I watched it instead of doing anything else. I always watch movies and never really feel like I enjoyed them that much. This was different. Go Getter. The cinematography was beautiful. I loved the main actor. It was probably the most compelling romantic storyline in a movie that I have seen in a very long time. I don't even know why. Maybe because it was so matter of fact and awkward and wasn't the whole purpose for the film. Mmm.




Away I go to read off into Atlantis and to a sleep that dreams don't wait for.

No comments: